432 Ellice Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1Y4
Telephone: 204-943-2561 Fax: 204-942-3221
Office and Communications Assistant
We are a small but multi-faceted team in an organization with more than a century of working to better the lives of Winnipeggers through progressive and evidenced based community development. All of our research and initiatives are geared towards empowering individuals and communities to better their lives. Our vision is for a sustainable community that is just, equitable and caring.
Overall function: To assist SPCW staff and/or contractors in completing project and program activities. Essentially providing technical, logistical and administrative supports as needed in a fast-paced challenging work environment.
- Maintain office reception area and serve as first point of contact for the public (in person, phone or email inquiries)
- Maintain daily security of the office and equipment as necessary
- Assist the office manager in assuring office equipment is in working order
- Assist the office manager in maintaining all office supplies and resources
- Coordinate use of SPCW meeting spaces and maintain an accurate calendar record
- Work with SPCW staff, contractors and volunteers and provide the necessary project support as needed
- Assist with minutes and other secretarial duties as needed
- Maintain library of reports, book and video materials, hard copy and electronic
- Other support and administrative duties as assigned by the executive director
Meeting and Event Coordination:
- Organize and coordinate events and meetings (locations, refreshments including catering, technical equipment, supplies and materials, scheduling and registration, ensure staff and vendor coordination)
- Ensure that the lead staff has everything needed for a well-organized and successful event/meeting
Communications and Social Media:
- Execute, monitor and manage social media content – website, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Monitor and report on media and social media outreach
- Maintain up-to-date board and staff contact lists as well as new board and staff manuals
- Manage membership (accept, record and follow-up on renewals as needed)
- With the executive director ensure timely communication with the membership including the creation of regular newsletters
- Track SPCW’s membership in other organization and ensure timely communication with partner organizations
- Distribute information to the general public and media and follow-up on all inquiries
- Assist with design, editing and production of SPCW reports, publication and community events notifications
- Create other resources as needed and assigned by the executive director
- Office administration experience
- Experience working or volunteering with cross-cultural teams and community members
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Access and Publisher
- Some experience with document and presentation design and layout (familiarity with Prezi and Adobe Creative Suite would be an asset)
- Familiarity with website and social media management
- Highly organized and adaptable with the ability to manage multiple tasks for multiple projects at the same time with attention to detail
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn and contribute to the team while taking and fully executing direction
- Strong communication skills including interpersonal and public relations
- Understanding and appreciation of progressive and evidenced based approaches to social development and commitment to social justice
Employment type: Permanent Full-Time.
Salary: $40,000 plus MERCs per annum. Benefit plan after 6 months
Vacation: Three weeks vacation a year
Sick Leave: 18 days a year to a maximum of 90 days.
Supervision: Executive director Kate Kehler and office manager Cindy Hoover
As a social justice organization, SPCW is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to be representative of the communities we serve. As such, candidates are encouraged to self-identify in your cover letter if you are a member of a traditionally excluded community.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Kate Kehler at email@example.com by July 18th, 2022. Thank you!