- This event has passed.
Adult Mental Health Crisis Response Centre
December 20, 2019 - January 5, 2020
The Adult mental Health Crisis Response Centre is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and is located at 817 Bannatyne Avenue, at the corner of Tecumseh.
The centre offers walk-in assessment and treatment for those in mental crisis, along with referrals to other mental health services.
The Crisis Response Centre is designed for adults who are experiencing:
- Personal distress and who are at risk of harm associated with the immediate crisis, including suicide.
- Symptoms of a mental health condition that requires assessment and treatment.
- Circumstances which require de-escalation to prevent relapses.
- Mental health problems that, if dealt with, may prevent hospitalization.
- Emotional trauma, where assessment, crisis intervention and links to longer-term services can be made.
- Difficulty obtaining ongoing services after a crisis.
- Difficulty obtaining help after hours when mental health service providers are unavailable.
The centre is also home to the Mobile Crisis Service for adults. To reach this team, call 204-940-1781.